Tuesday, May 17, 2011

March 1 we were transferred to the enchanted land of Copenhagen. This is Fredrikborg Castle. The famed Carl Block Paintings are housed in this Castle. We are crazy busy at the Single Young Adult Center with 20-40 young people for FHE, Institute, and Activity night. The mission office keeps us busy with missionary responsibilities. We have permission from our Pres. to attend language school 4 days a weeks during early afternoon hours before the Center for Young Adults opens at 3:00pm til whenever. We love the fast pace, it is an awesome mission.

At Elder Jensens insistance I became a biking granny. I loved it for two weeks and then to my dismay somebody stole it. Hopefully we can find another used bike soon.
This is the Man... He checks out sore backs, turned ankles, flat feet, and stiff shoulders (missionaries). Who would have thought his Physical Therapy days were on hold? He speaks Danish to everybody where ever we go while I smile adoringly. He speaks in church, serves on the High Council, he teaches mission prep, he talks to kids like he's their Dad, he inspects mission cars and apartments and he helps me feed a small army of 20 YSA every Thurs. I love my companion.
It was a long, dark, cold winter in Denmark. I stayed bundled in my coat and layers for 5 months. One day spring came and was it ever beautiful. This is a park in Fredericksberg near to where we live.
We had visitors! Mother Jensen and Becky came for a week and just 1/2 hour before they departed Jac and Serena came for a few days. It was perfect timing as it was Spring Break for the Single Young Adults and we had nothing to do but go sight seeing with our family.
On Easter Sunday we had a pile of Missionaries stop by for dinner. We are grateful for a nice apartment that can accomadate so many.
Ansumana is from Gambia. He sits next to me and together we work hard to learn this crazy Danish language. He speaks perfect British English plus a dialect from Gambia. Elder Jensen studies in an Advanced Danish class and his class is equally interesting, he just hasn't taken their pictures yet....
These darling girls all come from the Philipines. They are working as Nannies for some of the more wealthy Danish folk. They too are part of my language class.
My good friends Rong from China and Alshan from Pakistan. We study together in my language class.

2 comments:

  1. Your mission seems so amazing! I'm glad you are enjoying your time there. Good luck with learning the language. That is awesome that Jake and Serena got to go see you. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great reading about what you are doing, luv you cousin. I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete